Monday, 30 January 2012

Limbering Up

We're now at the back end of January and so it's time for me and MOL to make the next exciting announcement of 2012: an art show début, with me as one of the featured artists. It's been in the pipeline for a few weeks now, but until it was all confirmed with Liza, the organiser, I couldn't quite let myself believe it was real. But it is (eee!), and so next weekend, I will be showing about 20 of my photographs at the Bizarre Bazaar & Fashion Show, amongst a plethora of creative, talented artists of many genres. I am really excited about being asked to participate - not to mention ridiculously pleased! - and the prints in question are currently winging their way to my place so I can work on how to best present them.

If you are around in Charlotte next Saturday evening from 7-10PM and can make it to Studio1212 in Plaza Midwood, it would be wonderful to see you! There's a whole host of exciting performances and demonstrations going on, as well as the more static art forms; tickets are $15 at the door, and the proceeds go to Burners Without Borders.




KINETIC BEATZ & Studio 1212 Present: Bizarre Bazaar & Variety Show
Join us Feb 4th for an interactive night of PERFORMANCE & CREATION and art BAZAAR. Two stages will feature live music, DJs, a fashion show,burlesque, belly dancing, areal silks, and side show acts. Come see Charlotte’sunderground art scene and brightest stars. The art market will give the audiencea chance to participate with the artists and watch local artists demonstrate theircraft. Bring your acoustic instrument for the open jam session or come in fullcostume and receive a $5 discount!




View Larger Map

No comments: